Sprout’s data team uses code, statistics, and machine learning to inform our products and organization. We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team of data scientists and engineers.
Our team uses Python and its data stack (pandas, scikit-learn, Apache Airflow), along with a little Apache Spark and a lot of Amazon Redshift to drive decisions and power software that is used by more than 17,000 brands around the world. Companies like Microsoft, Zipcar, Hyatt, Google, and Zendesk rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
We’re looking for curious, analytical, and creative people to help utilize the vast amount of data we have. If you love finding ways of using data to build better products and solve problems, we’d love to talk with you.
- Build, maintain, and share responsibility for our ETL and data warehousing infrastructure, helping us pave its path
- Design and build scalable pipelines to process terabytes of data
- Care deeply about data quality as a basis for sound decision-making
- Contribute to the vision for data infrastructure, data science, and analytics
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience building custom ETL, data warehousing, and pipeline infrastructure in Java, Python, and/or SQL
- Experience building and deploying on AWS, especially with Amazon Redshift
- Expertise transforming and standardizing large datasets. And validating your work.
- Comfort with the DevOps side of engineering
- You value starting with simple solutions that do not sacrifice data integrity
- Interest in working on a cross functional team with data scientists
- Interest in machine learning and statistics
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members