Site Reliability Engineering at Sprout Social encompasses everything from datacenter operations all the way to developer tooling. Our team builds the automation and tooling that our feature teams use everyday to ship great products for our customers.
We're looking for smart, creative, driven people who want to help Sprout continue to run lean and mean, and at a bigger scale each day. Sprout has has an infrastructure footprint that serves customers from all over the world. Our platform is used by more than 17,000 brands across over 100 countries. Companies like Microsoft, Zipcar, Hyatt, Google, and Zendesk rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. We need you to help us spread Sprout operations to all corners of the globe.
- Help our cloud footprint easily scale
- Design and implement server and datacenter automation
- Build and deploy services with Chef
- Orchestrate resource provisioning with Terraform
- Script and automate mission critical automation tasks
- Grow our Cassandra clusters, and keep them running with low latency and high throughput
- Help scale up our MySQL database fleet
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations, ideas and approaches
- Drive the team to build in Sprout’s best interests by being cognizant of business requirements, market need, customer pains, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of operational software development experience at scale
- Demonstrated experience working with large cloud deployments in a Linux environment
- Heavy SQL and NoSQL database experience
- Strong applied knowledge of concurrency, I/O and distributed systems
- Experience designing large-scale automation systems
- Smart, a very quick learner and gets things done
- Great at working in a team
- Very clear written and verbal communicator
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members