Our Product Team takes a rare design-first approach. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a hi-fidelity mockup is priceless. Product Managers at Sprout work with our design team to flesh out feature concepts and prove the assumed benefits. If we can’t make it work in design, it will never be good enough for our customers. The Product Managers also work closely with our engineers to take ideas from design to launch. You must be willing to painstakingly perfect every detail while maintaining the full picture and guiding everybody you work with toward delivering on the vision.
Most importantly, you must thrive on measuring yourself by the success of our product that is used by more than 17,000 brands around the world. Companies like Dropbox, Zendesk, Fender, Zipcar and Evernote rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
We are looking for someone to lead the growth and development of a set of features within our award winning, widely used, and greatly loved social media management application. Our roadmap is stacked. If you’re hungry to drive a piece, we’d love to talk with you.
- Help manage key areas for development that are consistent with Sprout's roadmap, goals and overall vision, understanding customer needs and market direction.
- Advocate for your product with an inspiring passion for getting the details right.
- Prioritize concurrent efforts and provide a clear execution path from start to finish - working with all parts of the company along the way.
- Lead cross-functional project teams, personally being responsible for specific Agile activities: converting mockups into customer-focused user stories in a prioritized backlog; preparing for weekly planning sessions with engineers; doing daily business validation of progress development.
- Engage closely with the engineering team to meet realistic (yet challenging) deadlines.
- Work with marketing to guide product positioning, launch plans and internal/external communications.
- Take ultimate responsibility for delivering product experiences that delight our customers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- You’re wickedly smart and you get things done; a rare combo. You have a CEO mindset with a roll-up-the-sleeves-and-get-to-work attitude.
- 3-5 years as a product manager or similar work experience at a tech/SaaS company where you’ve shipped software.
- Experience at working through Agile software development processes, communicating through screenshots and user stories.
- Coding experience is a strong bonus.
- You have user-focused product design instincts and are relentless about solving complicated problems with a simple user experience.
- You are an innovative, flexible, on-your-feet problem solver, able to advocate for what you think is important while knowing when to listen for alternative concerns and approaches you may have missed.
- Excellent communicator (written and oral) and obsessively organized. You need to be able to eloquently speak business and tech. You can manage multiple projects across various stages and keep them all on track.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members